Old Hallow's Eve

I've never been a Halloween person. The holiday just has never really appealed to me. Dress-up. Mountains of candy. Scary stuff. Darkness. Blood. I don't know why, I've just never gotten into it. But I think it's all changing -- slowly but surely. Having kids changes everything, doesn't it?

How could I not LOVE painting my kid's face? How could I not LOVE acting a little silly, bribing Danny with sugar, and sneaking a few pieces of hard-earned trick-or-treating loot for myself? I guess it is a little fun, after all. This year, I actually dressed up! So unusual. And I did it for my kids. I wanted to be that fun, cool mom who does stuff for and with her kids. I'm becoming a "real mom" more and more everyday, it seems. It's actually amazing to watch myself evolve. But anyway, that's a different post ;)

Halloween this year was kicked off in style at the ward trunk-or-treat. FYI, I didn't win the chili cook off this year... bummer (haha jk, there were like 40 chilis)! The treats and games were super fun. And Dan trunk-or-treated for like 15 minutes before he was over it. Haha! Oh well. I was kind of relieved to not have SO much candy in his pumpkin bucket. We literally finished our candy from last Halloween a couple weeks ago. Blegh.

Halloween was super fun -- kept with tradition of grilled cheese and spiderweb tomato soup with the cousins and grandparents. Afterwards, Danny and I stopped by the Johnsons for some delicious scones and sugar cookies. In closing, Halloween has become more fun for me as my kids are growing. It's like I get to live my childhood all over again :) On to Thanksgiving and the rest of the good stuff!









Comments

Popular Posts